Conservative Talking Points views man-made global warming as ridiculous hoax that has brilliantly pulled the wool over the world's eyes. When the Cold War ended these anti-American communist leftovers found a new vehicle to destroy America and redistribute our wealth.
· After emails and other documents were released to the public from the University of East Anglia Climatic Research Unit (CRU), the hoax was out of the bag with statements like, “We can't account for the lack of warming at the moment and it is a travesty that we can't." --Kevin Trenberth, lead author of the 1995, 2001, and 2007 IPCC Scientific Assessment of Climate Change – (Source: CRU – 2009)
See Who Does NOT Believe in Man-Made Global Warming
· Dr. Neil Frank, former director of the National Hurricane Center and primary meteorologist for Channel 11 in Houston for years: "It's a hoax," he says. (Source: Washington Post - May 2006)
· John Coleman, a meteorologist and the founder of the Weather Channel, called it a "manufactured crisis" by "dastardly scientists with environmental and political motives" who have “manipulated long-term scientific data to create an illusion of rapid global warming. It is the greatest scam in history.” (Source: John Coleman - March 2008)
· Over 31,000 scientists across the U.S. - including more than 9,000 Ph.D.s in fields such as atmospheric science, climatology, Earth science, environment and dozens of other specialties - have signed a petition rejecting man-made global warming. (Source: Global Warming Petition Project - May 2008)
Is The Earth Really Warming?
· 3,000 scientific robots monitoring the ocean suggest that the oceans have not warmed up at all over the past 4-5 years. In fact, 80%-90% of global warming involves heating up ocean waters. The probes can dive 3,000 feet down and measure ocean temperature. Since the system was fully deployed in 2003, it has recorded no warming of the global oceans. (Source: NPR - March 19, 2008)
· Remember Al Gore's "Hockey Stick” graph? Where was the Little Ice Age (LIA)—a well-documented cold period lasting from about the 16th to the 19th century or the Medieval Warm Period (MWP)—a relatively warmer period extending from about 11th to the 13th century? Including those periods makes the "hockey stick" graph a completely new picture of the earth's climate of the past 1,000 years. (Source: World Climate Change Report - March 2005)
· During the 1950s up to the 1980s there were about 12,000 to 14,000 weather monitoring stations collecting temperature statistics worldwide. After the fall of the USSR that number dropped steadily to only 6,000 active weather stations by the year 2000. A large percentage of these deactivated stations were in the USSR in areas like Siberia which is really cold. Now what does your common sense tell you about the data quality of measuring the earth's temperature if 50% of the weather monitoring stations in the coldest areas of the world are shutdown in the same period that all Al Gore's global warming charts show the world temperature rising? (Source: Ross McKitrick - November 2003)
· Something else to ponder is a buried story by the drive-by media this August of Ruedy and James Hansen who exposed how NASA's global temperature data sets were flawed because of a Y2K bug in NASA's calculations. After being denied the software algorithms to investigate, the Hansen reverse-engineered the code and found the 2-byte vs 4-byte integer Y2K flaw the effected the floating point precision of the calculations. After NASA admitted the error and recalculated a century of temperature data, the hottest years changed significantly. NASA silently released corrected figures and the changes are truly amazing. The warmest year on record is now 1934. 1998 (long trumpeted by the media as record-breaking) moves to second place. 1921 takes third. In fact, 5 of the 10 warmest years on record now all occur before World War II. (Source: James Hansen - August 2007)
· Since the Kilimanjaro icecap has been melting since the 1800s, long before SUVs roamed the earth, satellites have not detected a warming trend in the region. Also, the deforestation around the foot of the mountain is the likely reason for the melting trend. (Source: International Herald Tribune - January 2008)
· Global sea ice levels are now basically the same as those seen 29 years ago, when the year 1979 drew to a close. In fact, the rate of increase from September of 2008 is the fastest rate of change on record, either upwards or downwards. (Source: Daily Tech - January 1, 2009)
· Carbon Dioxide (CO2) is a naturally occurring atmospheric substance, not a pollutant. CO2 makes up .054% of the atmosphere. Volcanoes produce much more CO2 than humans and animals produce more CO2 than volcanoes do. Above critters, vegetation produces more CO2 than animals. The OCEANS produce more CO2 than vegetation, animals, volcanoes, and the puny, insignificant amount of CO2 humans produce. (Source: The Great Global Warming Swindle - March 2007)
Make Up Your Mind! Warming or Cooling?
· For over 100 years our country's news media have predicted numerous global climate crises four different times. Each apocalyptic warning claimed that entire countries would be wiped out. In 1895, the panic was over an imminent ice age. Later, in the late 1920s, when the earth's surface warmed less than half a degree, the media jumped on a new threat - global warming, which continued into the late 1950s. Then in 1975, the New York Times' headline blared, "A Major Cooling Widely Considered To Be Inevitable." Then in 1981 it was back to global warming, with the Times quoting seven government atmospheric scientists who predicted global warming of an "almost unprecedented magnitude." (Source: BMI - June 2006)
· After conducting a telephone survey of 1,500 adults, global warming scored LAST in people minds. With the top three slots of twenty being the economy, jobs and terrorism, the global warming thing is not that hot in the real world. (Source: CNS News - Jan 2009)