Conservative Talking Points views illegal immigration as a very critical problem that is turning parts of our nation into a third-world country. We are paying hundreds of billions of dollars per year educating, medicating and incarcerating these invaders. Unfortunately the liberals are frantically recruiting them as potential voters.
Obama Systematically Dismantling Immigration Enforcement
· The Obama administration declined to deport more than 36,000 illegal immigrants that were arrested on other charges between 2008 and 2011, including some who went on to commit 19 murders, 3 attempted murders and 142 sex crimes. (Source: Washington Times – July 2012)
· “Our ICE officers are already under orders not to make arrests or even talk to foreign nationals in most cases … you won't find that written in any public ICE policy” - ICE Union president Chris Crane. (Source: PRNewswire – July 2012)
· It started in 2009 when Obama did the following: 1) Administration Delays E-Verify Requirement for Federal Contractors in January, 2) DHS Stops Effective Worksite Raids in April, 3) DHS Rewrites 287(g) Agreements to Curb Enforcement in July, 4) Napolitano Lays Out Three-Step Immigration Plan, Step 1: Amnesty. (Source: Federation for American Immigration Reform – July 2012)
· Obama continued his open borders efforts in 2010: 1) DOJ Threatens Employers Who Use E-Verify with Discrimination Investigations in March, 2) ICE Director Tells Agents not to Cooperate with Arizona in May, 3) Obama Administration Challenges Arizona E-Verify Law in June, 4) DOJ Says It Will Sue Arizona Over S.B. 1070 also in June, 5) Immigration Officers Stop Detaining Illegal Aliens During Traffic Stops in August, 6) DHS Reveals Administrative Amnesty Plan in September. (Source: Federation for American Immigration Reform – July 2012)
· Obama rules by decree and in 2011 we saw: 1) Obama Administration Exposed in April for Suspending Over 34,000 Deportations of Illegal Aliens during 2010, 2) Obama Falsely Declares Border Secure in May, 3) ICE Emails Reveal Cover-up of Administrative Amnesty Policy in June, 4) DHS Deceives Public with High Deportation Stats in October, 5) Obama Wants to Remove National Guard from Border in December. (Source: Federation for American Immigration Reform – July 2012)
· In 2012, campaigning did not slow Obama down: 1) Administration Closes Over 1,600 Deportable Alien Cases as Part of Administrative Amnesty Pilot Review in January, 2) Obama Administration Announces Rolling Closures of Immigration Courts in March, 3) Obama Administration Defends Pulling National Guard Troops from Border in April, 4) DOJ Sues Maricopa County and goes after Sheriff Joe Arpaio in May, 5) Obama Administration Unilaterally Implements DREAM Act; 1.4 Million Illegal Aliens Set for Removal Reprieve in June, and finally 6) Border Patrol to Close Nine Stations! (Source: Federation for American Immigration Reform – July 2012)
· K-12 school expenditures for illegal aliens cost U.S. Taxpayers $7.4 Billion a year (US Rep. Gary Miller - 2006)
· Illegal aliens consume $3.7 Billion annually in Medicare and Medicaid benefits since 40% of illegal aliens are on U.S. Welfare (Federation for American Immigration Reform - 2006)
· $1.1 billion is spent annually in prison costs to house, feed and clothe illegal aliens who fill 30% of our federal and state prisons (CNN - Lou Dobbs - Federal Bureau of Prisons - April 2006)
· $17 billion dollars are sent back to Mexico annually by illegal aliens, an amount which now makes it Mexico's 2nd largest industry (Source: Pew Hispanic Center)
· Leprosy, Hansen's disease, was so rare in America that in 40 years only 900 people were afflicted. Suddenly, in the past three years America has more than 7,000 cases of leprosy. Leprosy now is endemic to northeastern states because illegal aliens and other immigrants brought leprosy from India, Brazil, the Caribbean and Mexico (Source: Thomson American Health Consultants - 2003)
· Tuberculosis was virtually absent in Virginia until 2002, when it spiked a 17% increase, but Prince William County, just south of Washington, D.C., had a much larger rise of 188%. (Source: American Medical Association (JAMA) - June 2005)
· Illegal aliens make up 32% of State & Federal Prison populations (Source: Fox News Channel - O'Reilly Factor - 2005)
· There are an estimated 240,000 illegal alien sexual predators currently in the USA (Source: Violent Crimes Institute - May 2006)
· Over 1,000,000 sexual crimes are estimated to have been committed in the USA over the past seven years by illegal aliens (Source: Violent Crimes Institute - May 2006)
· 90% of all crime in Brooks County Texas is committed by illegal aliens (Source: Brooks County Sheriff's Department - April 2006)
· Twelve Americans are murdered every day by illegal aliens which translates to 4,380 Americans murdered annually by illegal aliens. That's 21,910 since Sept. 11, 2001. (Source: Rep. Steve King, R-Iowa)
· Thirteen Americans are killed by drunk illegal alien drivers every day for another annual death toll of 4,745. That's 23,725 since Sept. 11, 2001. (Source: Rep. Steve King, R-Iowa)
· Eight American children are victims of sexual abuse by illegal aliens every day - a total of 2,920 annually. (Source: Rep. Steve King, R-Iowa)
Numerous law enforcement officers have been beaten, stabbed and shot by illegal aliens over the past few years:
· Officer Rodney Johnson, 40, Houston, Texas
· Officer Brian Jackson, 28, Dallas, Texas
· Deputy Brandon "Brandy" Winfield, 29, Marion County, Ohio
· Detective Hugo Arango, 24, Doroville, Ga
· Deputy Saul Gallegos, 35, Chelan County, Wash.,
· Deputy Sheriff David March, 33, Los Angeles County
· Officer Tony Zeppetella, 27, Oceanside, Calif
· Officer Daniel Howard Golden, 27, Huntsville, Ala
· And Dozens More…
· The rate of non-Mexican aliens (or OTMs) and special interest aliens (or SIAs - aliens from so-called "countries of interest") apprehended on the northern and southern borders has increased from 30,147 in 2003 to 44,614 in 2004. - (Source: Congressman Tom Tancredo)
· By June 30, 2004, the number of SIAs had swelled 42.5% to 6,022 from "Countries of Interest" such as those the State Department considers sponsors of terrorism (Cuba, Iran, Libya, North Korea, Sudan, Syria) and others where militant Islam simmers (Afghanistan, Egypt, Indonesia, Iraq, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Somalia and Yemen). - (Source: Department of Homeland Security - 2005)
· During US Congressman John Culberson's October 2005 visit to Laredo, the Sheriffs gave him the following information:
· In Jan/Feb of 2006 of the 120,000 illegals caught in the Laredo sector, 2,500 of them were from the Middle East!!!
· A large, but unknown, number of al Qaeda terrorists and Chinese nationals are infiltrating our country virtually anywhere they choose from Brownsville to San Diego.
· One al Qaeda terrorist was held for several weeks after being captured on our border and is currently under FBI custody.
· A large number of Islamic individuals have moved into homes in Nuevo Laredo and are being taught Spanish to assimilate into the local culture.
· Texas Border Sheriffs have found uniform patches from an elite group of Islamic suicide bombers (Verified by Israeli intelligence)
Civilian Protest Groups (Derived from MCDC & TBV Websites)
· The Minutemen Civil Defense Corps and the Texas Border Volunteers has a goal of making a strong and productive political statement for the US Government to truly secure our borders
· The Minutemen Civil Defense Corps and the Texas Border Volunteers has a comprehensive and strict Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) that absolutely limits the actions of the volunteers to only the observation of illegal activities and reporting them to the proper authorities
· The Minutemen Civil Defense Corps and the Texas Border Volunteers allows NO contact between volunteers and illegal aliens with the exception of rendering humanitarian aid, a situation which happens on a regular basis
The Solution (Civilian Border Group Consensus)
· West Bank Style Fence - At a cost from $1M to $3.7M a mile across the roughly 2,000 mile Southern border we could erect a barrier that would stop illegal immigration from the South. On the high end, it would cost $7.4 Billion which is less than we pay yearly in education and healthcare for illegals!
· Israel has erected a similar impenetrable barrier on its West Bank that has decreased terrorist bombings by 95%. We need to do the same - NOW!
· Man The Fence With Our National Guard
· Eliminate Sanctuary City Policies - Numerous US cities (eg. Houston) have adopted a "sanctuary status” for illegal immigrants by not allowing law enforcement to ask about citizenship status upon arrest due to political correctness.
· Legal Immigrants Must Assimilate
· The United States of America is a melting pot NOT a salad bowl
· Legal immigrants must learn and speak English
· Legal immigrants need to adapt to our customs and culture
· Legal immigrants need to be independent of welfare