Conservative Talking Points views abortion as murder. Late term and/or partial birth abortion is a horrible crime toward humanity. As a nation we must stop killing the unborn to simply make ends meet.
Life-saving operations now done on fetus still in womb
· A new procedure allows a doctor to operate on a fetus diagnosed with Spina Bifida while still in the mother’s womb early in the 2nd trimester. How can someone say the baby is only meaningless tissue? (Source: CNN – Feb 2011)
· Miami doctors successfully removed an oral tumor from Leyna Gonzalez while she was still in her mother’s womb at 17 weeks into the pregnancy. (Source: Miami Herald – July 2012)
What does it say in the Bible about abortion? (Source: The Bible)
· God forms us from the womb (Isaiah 44:2).
· The conception of children is seen as a gift from God (Gen 21:1, 2; 25:21).
· The sanctity of life is declared (Gen 9:6).
Planned Parenthood? Only if you are NOT planning a family…
· Planned Parenthood facilities admit killing 332,278 unborn human beings in 2009 alone (324,008 in 2008), generating an estimated $125 million in revenue (Source: Life Decisions International).
· Life Dynamics released tapes from some of the 813 Planned Parenthood and National Abortion Federation centers it called across the USA which showed an appalling 91% of all clinics contacted expressed a willingness to help cover up statutory rape. (Source: Life News – April 2011)
· Planned Parenthood has located nearly 80% of its clinics nationwide in minority neighborhoods and about 1/3 of all abortions are performed on blacks, even though they make up only 13% of the population. (Source: Idaho Values Alliance)
How many abortions are performed in USA?
· The 332,278 abortions Planned Parenthood performed over the 365 days of 2009 equal an average of 910 lives terminated per day; or about 38 per hour or one every 95 seconds. (Source: CNS News – April 2011)
· In 2008, approximately 1.21 million abortions took place in the U.S., down from an estimated 1.29 million in 2002, 1.31 million in 2000 and 1.36 million in 1996. From 1973 through 2005 more than 45 million legal abortions have occurred in the U.S. (Source: AGI).
· In 2007, the highest number of reported legal induced abortions occurred in Florida (91,954), NYC (90,870) and Texas (80,886); the lowest amount occurred in Wyoming (9), South Dakota (707) and North Dakota (1,235) (Source: CDC).
Partial Birth Abortion (Infanticide)
· The abortionist reaches into the uterus, grasps the unborn baby's leg with forceps, and moves the baby into the birth canal, except for the head, which is deliberately kept just inside the womb and is still ALIVE. Next, the abortionist jams scissors into the back of the baby's skull and spreads the tips of the scissors apart to enlarge the wound. Then he/she removes the scissors, a suction catheter is inserted into the skull and the baby's brains are sucked out.(Source: nrlc.org)
· There are approximately 2,200 events a year of partial birth abortion. (Life News – April 2012)
Who Has Abortions? (Source: guttmacher.org)
· 80% of all abortions are done on unmarried women.
· 47% of women who have abortions have already had at least one other abortion.
· 50% of U.S. women obtaining abortions are younger than 25 and women aged 20-24 obtain 33% of all abortions and teenagers obtain 17%.
· 37% of abortions are performed on black women, 34% on non-Hispanic white women, 22% on Hispanic women and 8% on women of other races.
· 43% percent of women obtaining abortions identify themselves as Protestant and 27% as Catholic.
· 40% of minors having an abortion report that neither of their parents knew about the abortion.
Why are abortions performed? (Source: AGI)
· 75% say that having a baby would interfere with work, school or other responsibilities.
· 75% say they cannot afford a child.
· 50% say they do not want to be a single parent or are having problems with their husband or partner.
When Life Begins (Source: abort73.org)
· Baby's heart begins to beat 22 days from conception.
· At 3 weeks the kidneys are preparing for urine production, eye "bulges" become visible and the brain begins dividing into three primary sections: forebrain, midbrain and hindbrain. The arms and legs are also taking shape.
· At 4 weeks hand formation begins and the feet are taking shape, the retina of the eyes gain pigment and the nose starts to elevate.
· At 5 weeks kidneys appear and the external portions of the ear begin to show.
· At 6 weeks bone ossification has begun, lips have appeared, all 20 teeth buds are in the gums, the diaphragm has formed, the kidneys are producing urine and the stomach is producing gastric juices.
· At 7 weeks they are capable of sucking their thumb, swallowing amniotic fluid, grasping objects, responding to touch and even doing backward and forward somersaults.
· At 10 weeks fingernails, toenails and unique fingerprints all appear.
· At 16 weeks the body is large enough for the mother to start feeling the kicks.